101 Things To Do In The White Lake Area
1. Tour the White River Light Station Maritime Museum.
2. Take a photo with the World’s Largest Weathervane.
3. Learn about the history of the area at the Montague Museum.
4. Walk along sandy beaches.
5. Bike, rollerblade or walk on the 36 miles of bike trails.
6. Enjoy a summer concert at the Montague Band Shell.
7. Visit an art gallery in the area.
8. Go antiquing at one of the area’s many antique stores.
9. Take in entertainment at the Howmet Playhouse
10. Go down the White River by canoe, kayak, dinghy, raft or tube.
11. Snowmobile along 175 miles of groomed trails.
12. Stroll along the streets in downtown Montague and Whitehall.
13. Go fishing off the fishing bridge.
14. Unwind at an area library.
15. Buy fresh produce at the farmer’s market.
16. Take a tour at a local farm.
17. Find unique hand-crafted items at the arts and crafts festivals.
18. Roll a pumpkin down the Dowling Hill during Pumpkinfest.
19. Take a hayride during Fall Fest.
20. Be a bystander at any of the area’s parades.
21. Learn about White Lake’s own Miss America 1961, Nancy Fleming.
22. Enjoy luminaries lining sidewalks during the Holiday Walk.
23. Go sledding down the Hanson Street Hill.
24. Go boating on White Lake and Lake Michigan.
25. Watch spectacular sunsets.
26. Indulge in great local restaurants.
27. Experience the history of the railroads at the Caboose Museum.
28. Visit a local art gallery or pottery studio.
29. Say ‘Fore!’ at a local golf course.
30. Have a splash at an indoor water park.
31. Yee-haw at a rodeo.
32. Take in a thrill on a roller coaster.
33. Do some ice fishing on White Lake.
34. Sing a few songs during karaoke at a local pub.
35. Buy White Lake souvenirs at unique local shops.
36. Enjoy fall colors while taking a fall color tour.
37. Find unique items at Montague’s Artisan Market.
38. Watch the Christmas Tree Lighting ceremony.
39. Have a picnic in an area park.
40. Take a dip in Lake Michigan at many of the parks.
41. Play disc golf on the Whitehall Township course.
42. Enjoy a movie at the Playhouse.
43. Grab an ice cream treat at a local ice cream shop.
44. Watch the fireworks over White Lake.
45. Sample local chili’s at the Hot Chili for a “Cool City” fundraiser.
46. Watch over 500 cars travel from Whitehall to Montague during CRUZ’IN.
47. See antique wooden boats during Celebrate White Lake.
48. Get a balloon animal at a festival.
49. Enjoy a carriage ride during the Holiday Walk.
50. Walk the bike trail during the Labor Day Community Walk.
51. Attend the White Lake Community Business Expo.
52. Bring an appetite to the Rotary Annual Community Pancake Breakfast.
53. Eat an elephant ear at a festival.
54. Visit with friends and enjoy a glass of wine at the Wine and Jazz Festival.
55. Cool off in an outdoor water park.
56. Take in a movie on a rainy day.
57. Participate in a White Lake Nature Walk.
58. Rent a boat or kayak to take on White River, White Lake or Lake Michigan.
59. Treat yourself to a stay at a charming Bed & Breakfast.
60. Wade in the Duck Lake Channel.
61. Walk out on the pier at Lake Michigan.
62. Go horseback riding.
63. Visit a local farm to go berry picking.
64. Sit by a campfire at a local campground.
65. Take a Whitehall walking tour.
66. Charter a fishing boat.
67. Savor many flavors at Taste of White Lake.
68. Take your dog for a walk in a local park.
69. Fly a kite along a beach.
70. Take a drive along the scenic lakeshore.
71. Kids love the inflatables in the park at the Arts and Crafts Festival.
72. Enjoy a frosty root beer.
73. Go hiking at Owasippe Scout Camp.
74. Bird watching in White River and White Lake.
75. Check out the cider mill demonstrations at Fall Fest and Pumpkinfest.
76. Play a game of tennis at a local court.
77. Get a hole-in-one at mini golf.
78. Stock up on groceries during your vacation.
79. Take a relaxing getaway with a whirlpool suite.
80. Take part in the White Lake Annual Perch Festival.
81. Participate in a 5K run.
82. Participate in many of the Pumpkinfest events.
83. Ask someone to dance at the Maritime Festival beer tent.
84. Wave to Santa as he travels through town in the Christmas Parade.
85. Stop and smell the flowers planted in Montague and Whitehall.
86. Take in a church service of your preference.
87. Take a trip back in time and visit MI Heritage Park at Hilt’s Landing.
88. Take a stroll through Henderson Lake Nature Center and Clear Springs Nature Preserve.
89. Stop by a smokehouse and try a variety of tasty food.
90. Get a bouquet of flowers for your sweetheart.
91. Eat a delicious dinner while overlooking White Lake.
92. Take a quilting, photography, yoga or cooking and canning classes.
93. Dine out in a backyard garden.
94. Experience culture through an Arts Council of White Lake event.
95. Enjoy fresh baked goods from a local bakery.
96. Listen to world class music at Blue Lake Fine Arts Camp.
97. Have a healthier look on life while shopping at health food stores.
98. Read the local newspaper, White Lake Beacon.
99. Catch a fish at the Kids and Adult fishing event or Free Fishing Weekend.
100. Try some local flavor at a local pizzeria.
101. Stop by the White Lake Area Chamber of Commerce for help finding all of these fun things.